When do we collect your information and why?
The bulk of your information is collected when you first get in touch with us to request a booking. The information we request at this point could be any of the following
- Names of those wishing to stay with us
- Contact email address
- Phone number
- Home address
- Very occasionally bank details if we are issuing a refund.
Our legal basis for requesting this information are as follows.
- In order to keep in touch with you and uphold our side of the contractual agreement you wish to enter into, it is necessary for us to have your basic contact details. In rare instances it is a requirement for our customers to have keys sent to their home address so this information is also held.
- We have a legitimate interest to securely store your data for a number of years after your stay. This means that we keep hold of your contact details in case of any legal proceedings arising from your stay.
- We never pass on your details to anyone else after your stay and only do so during your stay in limited conditions with your express consent (which may be withdrawn at any point.) For example if there is a maintenance issue at the cottage and we have dispatched an engineer. We may ask to pass on your phone number for access purposes.
Who has your data?
We at Harbour cottage Wells will never share your data with any third party for
marketing purposes, that's a promise! However, if you have found us via a third
party, who have passed your details on to us this may not be the case. It's worth
put in place We only work with trusted sites who gather data on our behalf. The two
How do we keep your data safe?
Firstly we only keep the data we need for the amount of time we need it. We keep all of your information we gather upon requesting a booking with us for the duration of your stay and for some time after. The data is stored both digitally and in a hard copy with robust security protocols surrounding both formats, further details of which can be provided on request.
There are a number of rights that you may exercise depending on the legal basis for gathering and storing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why we cannot meet these rights in full. This will be explained to you in more detail should you contact us at Harbour Cottage Wells, for any of the reasons detailed below:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- to have any inaccuracies corrected;
- to have your personal data erased;
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data;
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data to be ported (data portability).
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, in most circumstances you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and we will act on your instructions.
If you wish to action any of the above, or just have a friendly chat about what this means for you, please feel free to call the office on 0115 9234545 or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may wish to complain directly to the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this by writing to them at: Information Commissioners' Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Or you can report a concern at the following link: Report a concern